Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

Consulate Appointment, CHECK

"I ... feed her, clothe her, care for her, and love her unconditionally as I tell her that I love her. Once she can understand and see my love, I can begin to tell her about a savior who loves her even more. That is the truth for these children- that they are loved, that they are valuable, that they will not be left as orphans, but that they have a plan and a hope for the future. What a beautiful truth." Katie Davis, "Kisses From Katie"
Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows. Isaiah 1:17
Today was our appointment at the U.S. Consulate General's office so that CC's U.S. visa could begin being processed. It is the last official step in the adoption process here. Tomorrow afternoon, our guide will pick up CC's passport with the visa in it and we will be officially done here! Paperwork-wise, everything has been very smooth and I am thankful for that. I did the appointment by myself while my mom stayed at the hotel with Kate. I wouldn't have been able to do it solo last adoption. That was more of a "all hands on deck" experience. This girl is pretty easy though. I am thankful for that!

After the Consulate appointment, Mom and I decided somewhat on a whim, to take a taxi out to the Xiangjiang Safari Zoo. It is a place we visited last time and is about 40 minutes away from our hotel. There are SO many amazing animals at this place, and I really wanted to go back. 
The most impressive animals there are the many great pandas...
Tonight, we went out to dinner at Paddy Fields for our last night in Guangzhou. It is an Irish pub right near our hotel, and it is like a little haven here in the middle of the busy city. It is quiet and peaceful and dark, and we enjoyed our last dinner there. It was very relaxing until CC spit up all of her bottle on her clothes, my clothes, in my shoes, etc. It was fun times cleaning that up. We came straight home and gave the girl a much-needed bath.
And, this is how our night ended...
...with CC attempting to climb out of her crib. She already mastered getting out of it with the side down (not hard), but when I raised the side, she did this over and over. Methinks she will not be a crib-sleeper for very long. I have my work cut out for me when we get home. ;o)

4 comments:

  1. Continuing to pray for you night and day. You've done a super job with the blog. Every picture and comment means a ton to those of us who are praying from afar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at that little climber! wow! i know you can't wait to get back home. still praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She really is such a cutie! She is going to be out of that crib before you know it! Hope your flight home goes well!

    ReplyDelete