Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Adoption Day

“The place God calls us to is the place where your deep gladness and the world's deep hunger meet.” Katie Davis, Kisses from Katie

Father to the fatherless, defender of widows — this is God, whose dwelling is holy. God places the lonely in families. Psalms 68:5-6
I am going to make this short and sweet because I am so tired, I can barely hold my eyes open. Today was Adoption Day. CC is officially our daughter in the eyes of China! We went back to the Civil Affairs office and signed the official paperwork today. The rest of the week, we spend applying for CC's Chinese passport and doing the things we need to do in advance of our Consulate Appointment on Monday. 

Today has been a really great day with CC. She is such an easy baby that we keep waiting for the bomb to drop. She is content to ride around in the Ergo, but usually falls asleep pretty fast in it. If we are in our room, her personality comes alive and she is a happy, playful little girl. She continues to amaze us in what she is able to do. Here are a few pictures from today before dinner. I will write more tomorrow. For now, my pillow is calling my name!
I love that her eyes fill up her face!








3 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! She is so adorable. I've really enjoyed following you. Makes me anxious to be there myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is SO PRECIOUS -- Do you just have to LOVE on her ALL the time? How can you even get enough of her? Oh, she is so precious!!! Praise God you are together as family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her outfit is so cute!! Congrats again.

    PS. We got our LOA today!!!

    ReplyDelete