Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Nesting ... and THREE More Hours!

But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. Galatians 4:4-6

Today is the day we have been waiting for for the last 18 months! It is so surreal that in just a few hours we will be holding this beautiful little girl in our arms and she will be ours forever.

We head into the "delivery room" in just a few hours. This is the Civil Affairs office of Guangdong province, on the 8th floor of a nondescript government building in the middle of the busy city of Guangzhou. This is the very room that we first held our Lia Kate, and now in which we will first see and hold Collins. So many families are made and dreams fulfilled in this room ... it is sacred ground, and a special place to our family.

So how are we spending these next few hours before we get her? Pretty much, we are running around like chickens with our heads cut off. I feel like I barely have time to breathe. I remember with our last adoption, I felt like the 2 o'clock hour would never get there! I had everything organized and put away and was twiddling my thumbs. I did my hair four times. This adoption is so different. We arrived in Guangzhou yesterday afternoon. Immediately went to a two-hour paperwork meeting, then to a late dinner, then crashed last night. I had not unpacked a thing. I have just spent the last several hours nesting in this hotel room, unpacking four large suitcases, and getting things organized. I still need to pack our Gotcha Day bag and do my hair, which is nearly a lost cause in the humidity here. We will meet our guide and two other families at 2 p.m. in the hotel lobby and then make our way over to the Civil Affairs office where we will get Collins at 2:30! Here are some pictures from our morning here...

Clothes are put away

A basket of baby things the hotel left for us in the crib

Gifts for adoption officials are ready to go

The next time we post, we will have pictures with our sweet CC! We covet your prayers especially for her in these next hours and days. Counting down the minutes ...

4 comments:

  1. Wow....have to go to bed knowing that you will meet your new baby daughter while I sleep. Will pray for all of you guys and by the time you read this, you will have her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 11:39 CST here in Mississippi. As I go to sleep, I will be praying for God's grace on Collins and her new, forever family. She is one loved little girl. Cannot wait to see the pictures.
    Nancy M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to go to sleep now. But it's tough, knowing that as we sleep you will be meeting your forever daughter. Forever! Praising God as I drift off to sleep! Bless you and your family of FIVE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the photos! Love how you wrapped your gifts.

    ReplyDelete