Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Forever

"'Mommy' She said it and I knew. She was mine. I was captivated. Because Mommy is forever. It's such a powerful name. Mommy means 'I trust you.' Mommy means 'You will protect me.' Mommy is for shouting when you need someone dependable and for laughing with when you are excited; Mommy is for crying on and cuddling with when you are sad, or giggling and hiding behind when you are embarrassed. Mommy is the fixer of boo-boos and the mender of broken hearts. Mommy is a comfort place, a safe place. Mommy means you are mine and I am yours and we are family." 
-- Katie Davis, Kisses from Katie


She is here and she is perfect. I will write a blog post tonight after CC goes to bed. 
For now, we are getting to know our baby girl!

3 comments:

  1. AAAAAAHHHHH! She is precious! I know your heart is bursting with joy! Congratulations!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! What a doll! Cannot wait to hear all about this special day. So happy for you. Collins is one lucky girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, there are big tears in my eyes! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete