Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

In Guangzhou...and CC's Last Night in Her Orphanage

“I am blown away that my God, who could do this all by Himself, would choose to let me be a little part of it.” Katie Davis, Kisses from Katie

Do not be afraid, for I am with you; I will bring your children from the east and gather you from the west.  Isaiah 43:5 


We said goodbye to Hong Kong today... It is a beautiful, interesting city that we will always have fond memories of, having spent time in it both before Kate's adoption, and now Collins' adoption. 



Checking out Hong Kong from the hotel room. Amazing even on a gray day.


Lia Kate's yummy Chinese breakfast ;o)

We had breakfast at our hotel this morning, packed our bags and then made our way to the Hong Kong train station to board a train bound for Guangzhou, in mainland China. It is only a 2-hour train ride north, and as I remembered it being last time, it was a very relaxing ride. Lia Kate has been on this train before ... when we were here last time for her. She watched the countryside go by and hopped between both grandmother's laps. Did I mention that our moms are traveling with us? We would not have attempted to take our two 4-year-olds to China without their help, and we are having a great time with them.

Lia Kate and "Marna", my mom

Britton and "GiGi", Danny's mom

Our guide Miko met us at the train station and brought us to our hotel. We had just barely gotten our bags to our room when Danny and I had to leave to go to a paperwork meeting with Miko, so we haven't been able to explore the hotel. What we have seen is beautiful though. I can't wait to spend some time tomorrow looking around with the kids.

The lobby ceiling at our hotel in Guangzhou

In our paperwork meeting, we were given a lot of information about Collins' personality, likes/dislikes and daily schedule. We found out some things, like:
she is extroverted
she is not compliant when being dressed
she sits on a potty twice a day!
she is eating some solid foods (this is not the norm in China for babies her age)
she likes her bottles
she likes to be held and walked
she will let you know when she is not happy

Beautiful arrangement

 Some things never change 

Tonight as I'm typing this, CC is spending her last night in her orphanage. Though, from everything I have heard about her orphanage, she has had great care and been loved by some very sweet nannies. I am so thankful for the good care she has received. I know tomorrow will be a very traumatic day as she leaves all that is familiar to her, but I am praying that she will feel safe and at peace.

I really can't believe that Gotcha Day is tomorrow! Please pray for Collins especially and for our big kiddos too.

6 comments:

  1. Today is the day!! :) so very exciting...can't wait to see Collins in your arms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot wait.....my heart is racing, brings back lots of memories. I pray it goes smoothly for everyone and I pray CC recognizes you as her family at least in her heart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried reading this tonight. I am so excited for you! So many years of praying and now your family might be complete tomorrow. I am asking that sweet baby Collins sleep soundly tonight and run to your arms in the morning. Can't wait to hear!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I said "might" because maybe there are more little Giffens to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope all goes well and pray that she will love you quickly! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete